We are a growing Family-owned funeral home that is hiring a licensed funeral director or (future)apprentice to join our group of dedicated professionals working in the busy location of Gaithersburg, Maryland. We are looking for someone, who shares our passion for helping others through their time of grief by making the arrangement process as clear, comfortable, and respectful to families, as possible.
Since we are looking to expand, we can provide the training tools that make it possible to help increase your skills and abilities to help serve families better.
Who We are Looking For/Responsibilities:
• Meets with clients to make funeral arrangements, explains service options, assists in casket selection, provides pricing information, and prepares standardized contracts for services.
• Performs technical and cosmological embalming services.
• Directs funeral services and visitation, including greeting family members, coordinating and instructing pallbearers, greeting and escorting clergy to chapel. May assist with funerals while not acting as primary director or act as hearse driver when needed.
• Prepares or coordinates preparation and issuance of permits and documents associated with funerals and embalming. This includes death certificate, permits from coroner, writing embalming case study and others as required.
• Removes and transports deceased from home or hospital to funeral home.
• Maintains cleanliness of preparation room and equipment.
• Family friendly on-call schedule, with every other weekend off; no overnight (in-person)
-Must be a licensed funeral director and embalmer OR the ability to obtain a Maryland state license (i.e. taken/preparing to take the National Board Exams); we are able to help in acquiring your license.
-Degree from an accredited Mortuary School or Mortuary School Program
We are happy to answer any questions/concerns you have