David Funeral Home
6 locations serving the Acadiana area for 60 years
Job Description: Funeral Director/Embalmer
About David Funeral Home:
Originally founded in 1961, David Funeral Home is a licensed, local, family owned and operated firm whose reputation is built on trust and compassion. Community members trust their funeral arrangements with David Funeral Home because for the outstanding manner in which we provide services with distinctiveness, dignity, and affordability. We feel honored to have gained the trust of thousands of families over the years and pledge, personally, to continue to serve our families’ needs to the very best of our ability.
We are currently seeking a Full- Time ambitious, creative, empathetic licensed Funeral Director/Embalmer to join our team in the Iberia Parish area of Louisiana. This is a great opportunity to develop your career, with training and advancement alongside great people. We offer a competitive salary with incentive opportunities. The position is full time and includes health insurance, 401K, paid vacation, and PTO.
• Meet with families and guide them in coordinating viewings, funeral service, embalming, cremation, or any other services relating to the final disposition of human remains
• Meet with families to make pre-need arrangements
• Direct and supervise visitations, viewings, funeral services and graveside services
• Properly embalm, set features, groom, dress and apply cosmetics to the deceased
• Ensuring all files and paperwork are completed in a timely manner and in accordance with relevant funeral service laws and regulations
• Coordinate with veteran organizations to provide military honors
• Ensure religious and ethnic customs of decedents are fulfilled and respected
• Overall responsibility for funeral services
• Participate in state and county inspections
• Make removals from homes as well as nursing homes and hospitals
• Work scheduled on call shifts during evenings, weekends, and holidays
• Exhibit proficiency with and ability to quickly learn the various software programs, databases, and systems utilized
• Meet with families in their homes, as requested
• Other duties as assigned
• Current Funeral Director/Embalmer dual licensure by the State of Louisiana
• Must be a responsible, self-motivated team player who is professional and full of compassion
• Pass criminal background screening
• Valid Louisiana driver’s license
• Ability to remain professional and composed in difficult and emotional situations with people from all segments of society
• Ability to handle a large caseload
• Proficient in Microsoft Office programs, routine PC skills and other technologies
• Ability to type and craft obituaries with family present.
• Professional appearance
• Strong work ethic
• Ability to multitask and set priorities
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Must be able to lift 50lbs.
• Must be able to push or pull 200lbs.
Email: [email protected]
Lance David, CAO
David Funeral Home