Compassionately facilitates funeral arrangement discussions with deceased next of kin and presides over visitation, funeral, and graveside services in accordance with family’s wishes; company expectations; and local, state, or federal laws. As the licensed Funeral Director, responsible for the compliance with all mortuary, health, and vital statistics regulation compliance within the funeral establishment(s).
• Graduated from an accredited school or college of mortuary science
• Current Funeral Director license within the practicing state
• Valid state driver’s license with an acceptable driving record required to operate company owned vehicles
• Industry experience is preferred
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Cognitive Ability including reason, plan, identify problems, learn quickly, learn from experience, and appropriately apply learning to new situations.
• Process and results oriented, motivated to keep projects moving ahead by removing obstacles and exploring alternatives
• Must have a positive attitude, a drive to continually advance your understanding of the industry and business, and is highly self-motivated
• Ability to build professional and trusting business relations
• Professional written and verbal communication skills
• Public speaking skills with the ability to influence and gain consensus
• Proficient using databases in automated processes
• Proficient MS Office skills