To Apply for Admission:
- Complete and submit an official Commonwealth Institute Application for Admission.
- Have an official copy of your high school transcript or the certificate and certified transcript of a GED sent directly to Commonwealth Institute.
- Have official transcripts of each vocational school, technical school, college and university previously attended sent directly to Commonwealth Institute, if applicable
- Submit a non-refundable $50 application fee.
- If you plan to receive benefits from the Veteran’s Administration, submit a certified copy of your DD-214.
- Show evidence that one of the following has been fulfilled:
- a. graduation in the upper 25% of your high school class;
- b. an acceptable level on the SAT (990, combined) or ACT(21, composite) examination;
- c. a minimum of 21 on the entrance examination;
- d. successful completion of the general education core courses.
- Provide any other materials that may be required by a state licensing agency.
There are no uniform licensing laws governing funeral service in the United States. Some state licensing agencies require the student to notify the agency prior to enrollment in mortuary school. Some require completion of pre-mortuary college educational requirements. It is the responsibility of the student to ensure that licensure requirements have been met in the state in which they wish to obtain a license.